Guerrilla Games has revealed a new update for its PlayStation 4 exclusive, Horizon Zero Dawn. The patch goes live today, introducing a load of bug fixes and a couple of new features.
Most notably, you can now listen to your own music whilst playing Horizon, plus the update also adds the ability to drop chests that contain unwanted items. The remainder of the patch is made up of minor fixes; take a look at the full list below.
The open-world game’s most recent patch added support for 3D Audio, while previous ones have tweaked balancing and fixed yet more bugs.
Guerrilla revealed recently that an early prototype of the game featured Killzone’s machine guns, but they were removed as they felt “weird.” Prior to that, the game’s publisher, Sony, confirmed that a story expansion is on its way, so those who’ve enjoyed the game will soon get more content to dig into.
Horizon Zero Dawn launched on February 28 in the US before coming to Europe on March 1. The game received widespread critical acclaim, including a 9/10 from GameSpot. Reviewer Peter Brown called it “one of the best open-world games of this generation;” find out more in our full Horizon Zero Dawn review.
You can see the full patch notes below, but be aware they contain references to story chapters, in case you’re worried about spoilers.
Horizon Zero Dawn Update 1.13 Patch Notes
- Added support for background music playback.
- Added the ability to drop treasure chests.
- Fixed an issue in The Point of the Spear where some players could escape the quest area and get stuck here, blocking progression of this quest.
- Fixed an issue in A Seeker at the Gates where some players could get stuck behind the gates to All-Mother Mountain.
- Fixed an issue in The City of the Sun where some players were able to exit Olin’s basement during the Investigate Olin’s Secret Workshop objective.
- Fixed an issue in The Grave-Hoard where the objective would not update when some players fast traveled away after activating the Holo Projector.
- Fixed an issue in Deep Secrets of the Earth where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
- Fixed an issue in Fatal Inheritance where talking to Ranaman after freeing Daradi would cause Daradi to disappear for some players.
- Fixed an issue in Hammer and Steel where for some players the quest objective would not update after gathering all nine Behemoth Cables.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi where some players could avoid triggering a cutscene, resulting in the quest not progressing.
- Fixed an issue in The Point of the Spear where the objective Meet Rost at the North Gate would always be marked as failed for some players in the objective log.
- Fixed an issue in The Point of the Spear where the fix for duplicate spears introduced in Patch 1.12 would not solve the issue for some player if they already finished In her Mother’s Footsteps.
- Fixed an issue after The Proving for certain players where Aloy would not retrieve her Focus after visiting Rost. Fixed an issue where some players could permanently lose the Tearblaster in their playthrough after selling it at a merchant. The Tearblaster will now be available to purchase from certain merchants after completing Hunter’s Blind.
- Fixed an issue where a pile of Ancient Debris appeared to be located underground for certain players.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to pick up their loot when it was dropped in water.
- Fixed an issue in the Gatelands Bandit Camp where some players could get stuck in a rock after performing a ‘Strike from below’.
- Fixed an issue when certain players would try to mount during Aloy’s falling animation, causing Aloy to float in midair.
- Fixed the issue where some players were able to gain +10,000 XP every time they cleared hunting trials with all Blazing Suns.
- Fixed various miscellaneous crashes.